Thursday, September 22, 2005

I should have started this a year ago

I should have started this a little less than a year ago on the day my son was born. I should have been keeping track of everything new that he has experienced. As it is I have to drag from memory the first time he touched water and the way his fingers danced in the faucet as if they were fairies in a moonlit field prancing about at a festival for the stars. Or his intial look into my father's eyes as his brow furrowed and his lips puckered as if he were Sherlock Holmes just upon a mystery. Since I have been so careless with my memories and the chance to jot my memoirs, I will begin from here and tell you what I do know.
I do know that Kells is getting his 6th tooth this week. His nose is running with some grotesque ooze that has to be of another world. There is no possible way this glowing green goo could come from my precious angel with eyes of blue and hair the color of wheat at harvest.
Alas, I didn't start this when I should have and now he is on his 6th tooth and getting ready to take those precious first steps. To him it must be like walking on the moon. It's amazing how everything is so new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home