Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Daredevil? Maybe. No Jackasses!!

I have noticed a pattern in Kells behavior. He believes he can throw himself from anything and be caught. The couch, the stairs, the bed, his high chair. He doesn't particularly care. And that's normal, which makes me feel good but it's still hard to understand. After his bout with the stairs you would think he would show some caution but I think I have an adrenaline junkie on my hands. I'm already concocting prevention programs for Jackass like qualities in my child. I mean, I'm all for adventure but if he decides it would be fun to hang over a crocodile pond with raw chicken hanging out of a jock strap then Mama is gonna step in no matter what his age. Anyway, last night he crawled up to the top of the couch and spread his arms out and laughed. It wasn't quite an evil laugh but it did have a Gaston-like (from Beauty & the Beast) quality to it. Once he had our attention he let out a banshee squeal and hurls himself face first off the couch. My roommate, who is closer, reaches out and catches him head first. Kells flips over head comes up eyes shining and there is that huge grin again. I'm sure I have a skydiver in the making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home