Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bedtime??What's bedtime?

Kells has been going through a schedule transformation the last couple days and I don't know that I'm up for it. Isn't it the children that are suppose to need routine and if they don't have it it can seriously mess with them? Well, I'm finding that I am the one needing routine and him changing this on me is becoming difficult. Who said being a parent was easy though, eh?
Kells normal bedtime routine is as follows.
6:45 pm bathtime
7:00 pm pj's and kisses
7:10 pm sippy cup and crib
7:15 pm a little grumbling then out like a light
Like clockwork this works. Until last night. Last night he got his bath and was all smiles while running around in his birthday suit while dad looked for his pjs. All smiles when I gave him a kiss and waved as I said night night. Okay, the wave is a definite I'm going to sleep because no other reason to wave if he's going to see me in a 20 minutes because instead of going to sleep he screams and screams. So I go and get him. Up out of the crib, into my bed with me where we lay down and try to snuggle him to sleep. Nothing doing, he wants to play. All smiles, giggles and once againg the klweuindujoiananding to me. A little mouth instrument. You know the blllleeelelelelell with his mouth where he makes a noise and then brushes his fingers over his mouth? Well, that.
So, he has won his way downstairs with his insistance at not sleeping. He plays with his cars. Plays in my lap. Makes his way over to the computer and tries completely erasing my harddrive with just a few strategically placed mouse clicks. Back into the living room with his toys where we play race cars. Next he's in the other room up on a chair watching Matt, our roommate, playing video games and then all over the dog and then back into the living room where he throws himself on the floor and starts rubbing his eyes. Sure sign he is ready for bed. Up we go to the crib.
And 20 minutes later down we come again. The screaming demon has won. Again!! So we go back and do this all over again. But this time he throws in some extra and pukes on me. Okay, so his tummy hurts but he isn't acting like anything is wrong until I put him in his crib. Before that he is laughing and giggling and glullluelkadanbalaking and just fine. And after that he is as well. I can't figure it out but he cheeks are red and his tummy is hard. Finally, I give him some peppermint tea and he goes to sleep with minimal fussing.
2 hour bedtime routine? Not sure if I'm up for this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Growth spurt? Are we up to that again?

I'm with you, Josi.

These kids are crazy!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thinking back, everytime Cass really screwed up his bed routine, he was right on the edge of doing something new. (walking, talking, etc) Any new developmental stuff hovering?

6:08 PM  
Blogger Angewl said...

I hope you both get some sleep tonight!!

Ditto to what J. said!! Anything new?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Josi said...

He has been babbling like a crazy kid. I was talking to a friend who took linguistic classes in high school and she said that he will be talking in a couple months. Like fluently talking. We'll see. He does like to talk when he's awake.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home