Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Deeetars and bunJOOOOOS

Kells got to have a sick day yesterday because dad took off of work to be with him as he hacked up a very precious and small lung. I had to go to work. When I got home my son had learned a new word and was a pickin wonder. I know some day he will be in a rock start band. Well, rock is less likely, blue grass seems to be his rythm of choice. Kells can bump to the beat so amazingly. I didn't figure out how to dance with the music until I was well into my 20's but he seems to have it down and my favorite part of his whole freedom dancing is he will bring one hand up to his stomach and strum it with his other hand. Just like a guitar. It's wonderful to see. Also, he inherited an harmonica from his great grandpa and he will run around the house blowing on it and then clapping his hands saying Yeah!!! He loves music.
Luke has had a banjo that he has never touched since we have been together. It just sits in the corner looking authentic country. Last night it was laying on the floor and Kells was picking it. I asked him what it was and he proudly and loudly says DEEEtar!! Well, that surprised me. I wasn't really expecting him to know the word for it. I assumed, for whatever reason, that Luke hadn't told him the word for it. Well, I guess I assumed because if he had he would have taught him banjo instead of guitar. So I asked Luke if he taught him that word and he said no, he just said it. Well, woohoo!! I pointed at the DEEtar and said "very good!! How bout Banjo?" He looks at me and says buuunJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo. Screams the JO. Runs around the house screaming bunJOOOOOO and DEEEtar. That kid is the best!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

Oh that is too sweet! I love it! I hope if he's in a bluegrass band, Baby bean can be his groupie...lmao

7:32 PM  
Blogger Josi said...

She can be the Allison Krauss to his Union Station. No groupie business there, just the heart of the music.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

You rock, Josi.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Angewl said...

That is so awesome. He is just totally awesome! Cant wait to hear his music.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home