Thursday, November 06, 2008

He made it!

He turned 4 last week. Yep, he's now in the in between phase of not quite toddler and not quite kid. I think he's actually made the jump to kid but I like to think he's still got a bit of toddler in him since I for sure can't say he's a baby anymore.
We had a small party for him and did some kite flying, present opening, cake eating then off to the zoo we went where we met up with some of his friends from daycare and his daycare ladies. They love him so much there was no way they weren't going to be there.
I'm pretty sure his favorite present was this
Photobucket
Score one for mom and dad! We once again got him the really cool present. Last year it was his Seahawky uniform.
He immediately decided that Dad's rear end made a good target.
Photobucket
He decided this year for his birthday he wanted a fighting cake. I wracked my brain trying to figure out what it was he wanted and this is what I came up with. A pseudo UFC octagon cage complete with little fighters and gummy bear spectators
Photobucket
I was pretty proud of my imagination on this one.
After filling up on cake we went to the zoo and Kells ran amuck with 6 other kids and had a blast. He got to see the alligators and was very pleased because last time we were there that exhibit was closed. I think his favorite part was watching the black bears eating pumpkins though.
Photobucket
He really liked the salmon life cycle too. He was mesmerized by that.
Photobucket
All in all it was a really great day and Kells was asleep in the car 5 minutes after leaving the zoo. Turning 4 just wore him out!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

What a fun birthday post! I want one of those bow & arrow sets! My present for him is just a movie. It won't even come close to being the cool gift. AWESOME cake too! You did a fantastic job on that.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Ricki said...

I love your cake making abilities!

He's such a cute kid, I can't wait to see your next one ;)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home