Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Watch this Deirdre!

I have been a little worried about how Kells would react to having a little sister instead of a brother since we found out. I don't think I have to worry. I think he's going to be an amazing big brother. He already loves her and can't wait to play with her. Almost daily he asks when she will be here and when she's kicking he insists she is trying to get out. I can't wait until he starts to try to teach her new things. The other night he was being Super Kells and jumping off the bed with his Superman cape on. He kept saying "Ahhhhh! I'm drowning Mom!" I guess he decided I wasn't paying proper attention to the severity of the situation so he said "Watch this Deirdre!!" and promptly jumped off the bed and "drowned again".
Deirdre already loves her big brother too. He put his head to my belly the other night and she proceeded to nudge his cheek every 5 seconds or so. Kells' eyes lit up and he kept gasping and laughing and saying "She's kicking me!!" She seems to respond to his voice the most and will instantly become active when he talks to her. He tries to "see" her through my bellybutton as well. Kells gets to go see the next ultrasound with me this week and I'm very excited for him to be able to actually see her. Especially because it will be a 3D ultrasound so he may be able to see features too.
I am a very lucky mother!
Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger rae ann said...

you look so cute! love the belly! kells is really going to be an awesome big bro. it'll be fun to watch their little relationship develop as they grow together!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Awww... those are such cute stories. You are lookin' great!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Ricki said...

I want to rub that belly :)

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home