Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Curiosity got the kid all wet

Kells has become fascinated with the bath tub/shower. He tottled into the bathroom the other morning and attempted to climb into the bath tub. It wasn't a successful attempt because our bath tub is a very high tub. He got stuck. I ran into the bathroom to his wails and find him suspended on the tub like an out of practice and no longer limber ballerina trying to do bar activities. He was not as amused as I was.
Two days ago I started the shower to take one and he decided he would like to get in as well. Well, I thought that's what he was saying as he screamed outside the tub and looked at me while holding the curtain open, letting the water flood my bathroom. I stripped him down and brought him in to find that he decided that was worse than standing outside the tub and continued to shriek in my ear. Setting him down was not an option because the water would splash him in the face, causing him to reach yet another octave I was unaware he was capable of. We suffered through the shower. I didn't get my cleaning done however.
This morning he walked into the bathroom when I was already in the shower and threw back the curtain, looked up at me and began screaming. Oh no! I was not falling for that bit again. I let him holler at me while I washed up. He found some amusement in throwing his rubber ducky onto the floor of the bath tub but then was not so amused when he realized he couldn't play with it anymore. As I'm rinsing my shampoo I hear a thud. I get the soap out of my eyes and see my son, fully clothed, standing on his hands with his body leaning out of the tub. He is trying to get his rubber ducky. He's not screaming, yelling, or crying. He's just in that position like he's trying to figure out how to get out of it. It was great. I, of course, helped him get upright and by the time my shower was done he was pretty well soaked but the screaming had stopped.

5 Comments:

Blogger Josi said...

I'm not sure why this isn't posting. I am trying this out to see if it will work.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Washington Crunchy Mama said...

HEHEEEE! That's great!!!

Bekah will never snuggle with us, I mean if we get a 3 second hug we're like OMG! ***BUT*** I found out that she will cling to me like a baby monkey in the shower! So we sneek in a shower 3 or 4 times a week and I soak up my 10 minute snuggle.

It's funny because she's really relaxed, lays her head on my shoulder, but at the same time she's like velcro. I'll take what I can get.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love the image of the little feet waving... he's wonderful, Josi. A real charge-ahead boy.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Angewl said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's adorable!!!

I wonder why he screams at you while you are in the shower?

12:31 AM  
Blogger Josi said...

I wonder the same thing because he'll scream at me like he wants me to pick him up but then he will get frustrated from looking up because he's getting misted constantly and when I try to put the shower curtain in a position so that he won't get as wet, since he insists on watching me take a shower, he throws it out of the way and acts like he wants to tear the thing down. I have no clue. It is sad but I think it's pretty darn funny too.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home